Over a year later…

I was shocked to see that I hadn’t published a blog post since December 2015. Needless to say, a lot has happened since then.

In the past 15 months, I’ve moved to a new city, changed jobs, increased from a part-time to a full-time student, lost over a hundred pounds, had my heart broken in the greatest way, and stopped writing altogether for most of my absence. Not many people want to talk about the daily struggle of a positive mindset, but it is very real. There have been many days and nights that I’ve broken down, that I’ve cried myself to sleep, that I’ve questioned everything, including my own purpose for existing.

The hard truth is, I’ve had to learn and to accept that I’m not superwoman, that I can’t do it all, and that I need to accept the things I cannot change. This past year-and-a-half has been the best and the worst of my life. It’s opened my eyes in so many ways, and broken my vision in so many others.

Focusing on the positive, I know who I am. I know what I’m made of. I know what I’m capable of. I know what I bring to the table. I know what I deserve. And, finally, I know what I want in life, and writing is a part of that.

Just this past month, I’ve finally picked up a pen and paper again. I’ve resumed working on a story I had started many years ago that began tugging at me to get written.

Additionally, I have picked back up on edits for the Vamp Chronicles. A lot of the story remains the same, but there have been some major changes to the details of this series, details that I felt needed to be altered to align with the message that I want to send to everyone who reads and loves them. (I’m in the process of getting the rights back from the publisher on these titles.)

I don’t have release dates, and I don’t want to make promises that I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to keep. But know that you are on my mind and in my heart. These characters have slowly been chipping away at the pain of this past year, and are an outlet I’m happy to have connected with once again.

To the readers I’ve lost, the readers who have remained, and the readers just discovering me, thank you. There has never been a single moment that I didn’t appreciate you. I know absence can create question marks and cast doubt, but rest assured, I am so incredibly grateful for each and every person that has ever read even a single sentence in any one of my titles. Thank you!

I don’t know what tomorrow holds. I don’t know a lot of things. But one thing I do know is that you will start to see fresh content from me in 2017, and a few old friends will be rediscovered in a brand new way as well.

Fingers crossed and prayers going up that it proves to be worth the wait!

-Christin

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “Over a year later…

1. Jennifer says:

Christin you are and will always be my fav author!! Love ya girly and will pray for you everyday!! Thank you for the update on the story of Leka!! I am very happy you started writing again!! You are still awesome😘!!!

2. Karen says:

This is wonderful news! I have read every book/story you have ever written. I can’t wait to read more.
    God Bless you!

Karen P.

3. Sarah says:

You are always worth the wait! You are one of my top favorite authors and I will continue to purchase and read anything you write or put out. I’m sorry life has been hard for you. I’m glad to know that you are trying to stay positive and always are an inspiration to me and others.

• christinlovell says:

Thank you. Life definitely isn’t for the faint of heart, but what doesn’t kill us only makes us stronger, right? I’m excited to get back to writing in a big way. Thank you for all of your support.Truly.

4. Jennifer Perry says:

I was wondering if you were ok. I missed sseeing the pictures ofof yoI and your kids on Facebook. I will pray for you and I hope that things are really looking up for you. I know it’s not easy. I can’t wait to see where you take Lexi and Kellan. And congratulations on the weight loss. I hope you have an amazing day and you will always be my favorite author.

• christinlovell says:

Thank you, Jennifer. I don’t really use Facebook all that much. I’m primarily on Instagram and Snapchat. Feel free to add me on either of those. My Instagram username is christinlovell, and my Snapchat username is angelcheekz. (Fun fact: angelcheekz was my AOL screen name back in high school. lol I still own the AOL e-mail for it.)

5. Emily says:

You are an amazing writer. I have almost all your books. I’m glad your alright. Your my favorite author. Always will be.

6. Jessye says:

Christin you were not and could never be forgotten. Understood the need to step back and take care of yourself. We all need that at times in our lives. Just glad to hear that your finding your passion again and can’t wait for your beautiful stories. Good health, love wealth for you and your family this 2017.
    Jessye